Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cueca y LAN

Hola amigos! (Mas espanol si?)

Thursday we had a different dance class than our usual salsa lessons. Thursday we learned the "cueca" which is a folkish dance that details a young male trying to catch the attention of an attractive young woman.

It is very popular tradition dance. We were first introduced to it by our instructors who performed the dance for us to learn. We then paired in groups, Brittany was my wonderful male partner, and attempted to perform the dance. Now, I'm not saying I'm Dancing with the Stars type, but I do feel like I can dance pretty well. However, this dance just damaged my self-confidence haha! I took it very seriously, but there are so many steps and way more intricate than it appears to be. I gained so much more respect for this dance and think it is such a fun and cute practice. However, I think I will be able to say I actually like it when I perfect it or loose my two-left feet problem. :)

After the dance, we had some of my favorite: EMPANADAS and then headed over to our first company visit: LAN airline company.
It was so cool actually seeing the planes so up close and knowing all the details and procedures that go behind maintaining this company. We were able to tour the planes, and it looks way more comfortable than any airline I have been on! The seats were very plush and comfortable, there was space to move your feet, and the windows had some type of touch sensor that continuous taps can dim the tint of the windows. That deserved some applause.

Later, we went out with some of the girls and guys that we met at the university. I have to share this because I had one of the best drinks I ever had: Pina Colada Malibu. It tasted like a really sweet milkshake, and was a favorite between our group. If you're ever in Chile, you know what to do....your welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment