Monday, May 13, 2013

Sunday Funday



Once again another wonderful free day! I wanted to sleep in really late because we rarely get any sleep. My plan was to wake up around noon, but unfortunately my sleep patterns aren’t used to such luxury so I woke up around 10am. The only thing required for the day was a special dinner at 6, so a couple of friends and I decided to go back to the beach and relax a little. Before we went to the beach, however, we went to lunch at “A Elena’s” I think it was called. It was Mother’s Day so there were a lot of pretty decorations that added to our peaceful lunch date. We all ordered the ravioli but I got it with Alfredo sauce instead of the traditional meat one and it was delicious! I don’t think I’m ever disappointed with Chilean cuisine. After lunch, we headed back to the beach and I was determined to buy these cool Chilean pants I saw the first day we went to the beach. These pants are striped, baggy, pajama-pant like and come in different color patterns. I knew immediately I wanted them so Sunday I was on a mission of getting the right ones. I ended up getting a red-black-gold-green one that reminded me of Ghanaian colors, and I found it perfect to represent my Ghanaian heritage with authentic Chilean pants. 
I also picked up a cool, quirky pair of sunglasses that look like they’re upside down but still very fashionable. 

 
Dinner was planned to be very formal, so we had to go back to the hotel to get ready. I wore a dress and a blazer and the guys were in dress shirts, ties, slacks, etc. We had a reservation for “Tierra del Fuego” which is a beautiful restaurant located on the beach. (Obviously I wanted to be by the ocean all day). It was the BEST three course meal. We started off with appetizer plates of crab, shrimp, oysters, scallops, and squid with seafood sauces. Then, we got our entrĂ©e and I ordered Lasagna de Espinacas con Centolla (Lasagna with Spinach and Crab)
I have never smiled so much after eating a dish. Then, for dessert, we had more full plates of assortments of popular desserts. There was chocolate mousse cake, pudding, flan, meringue pie, and gelato topped off with some wine. Not to make you jealous, but imagine all of this in a restaurant with blue glass windows overlooking the beach at night.
 Perfection. It was so nice just to dress up and have a relaxed, yet formal dinner with everyone and talk about how much we’re enjoying Chile so far. One of the best nights I’ve had in Chile so far and I’m so excited for more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment