Sunday, May 5, 2013

So Far so Good...

Hey everyone !

I'm happy to say I made it safe and sound to Chile. The flight from Pittsburgh to Dallas was about 2.5 hours but the flight from Dallas to Chile was about 10 hours...woah. I didn't get to sleep much but I met a man named Miguel on the flight who helped the time pass. He manages a business in Chile and was traveling for business and we had good conversation. I told him I was trying to practice my Spanish before I got to Chile and he was trying to improve his English so we already started out with a great friendship. I felt like all these years of Spanish paid off because he actually understood what I was saying! Anyway, he told me all the places I should visit in Chile and told me a lot about Chile's history. Our talk made me even more excited about visiting.

When we arrived at the airport, we were greeted by two (very handsome I might add :P ) young men who helped us on our bus from Santiago to Vina del Mar. We also met Jorge, one of our faculty advisers, there who greeted us with a big smile! Then, we got situated in Hotel America! Even though we wanted to study abroad, anything "America" is settling for us. We got ready and headed over to Taco Bar where I ordered a pan of tortilla filled with "carne", cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and sauce all melted together. Bless those cooks! I also tried a little "Diquiri" but it was a tad strong so I just took a few sips just to say I had the experience!

We then went to the beach which was absolutely beautiful! The water was a beautiful blue, the temperature was great (75 degrees), and everybody was so happy and friendly. There were also so many little shops I have to stop by and look for souvenirs! We didn't spend too long at the beach, so I'm definitely planning on going back. We're about to go to the supermarket and pick up some water, then head on out for the night. I won't be staying out long, however, because we have breakfast tomorrow at 7:30 and I'm not what one would call an early bird. Hasta luego !


No comments:

Post a Comment