Sunday, May 12, 2013

Finally a Free Day!

Saturday we had a free day and it came in perfect timing. As much as I love being restless in Chile, there's only so much insomnia a girl can take. I woke up early to finish some of my blog posts, and then my friend Justine and I headed over to the beach to meet everyone for lunch. We were a little worried about getting lost, but our wonderful navigation senses got us there safe and sound haha. On the way, we were looking at all the restaurants and was really surprised to see Pizza Hut and McDonalds all the way overseas in Chile. At the restaurant we chose (I forget the name but it was like a hamburger joint), the menu was completely in Spanish which is a little difficult when you're used to only a few hamburger varieties. I saw "Gringa" on the menu (in Chile they call Americans "gringos") and said anything American-sounding is good to me! Justine agreed and we both ordered the "Gringa" burger. The burger was massive and split into four parts with cheese melted and smothered all over the burger with bacon pieces melted into it. Obviously, this means that it tasted great!

After lunch, we went to walk on the beach. I'm in love with Chilean beaches and I'm so happy there is one close to our hotel. There were quite a few people on the beach and a lot of little vendors selling all types of things like jewelry, clothes, sunglasses, wooden objects, etc. I haven't really gotten anything for myself yet, so I picked out a couple of  rings. We didn't stay too long because we are planning to go back today.

After the beach, we came back to the hotel and rested a few before we ventured out to yet another adventure of Chilean nightlife! It's sad to think I only have a week left in this amazing country.

No comments:

Post a Comment