Monday, May 20, 2013

Spa & Barbecue !



Wednesday was SPA DAY! Yes, perfect day for a diva J . It basically was a nice country club with pools, tennis courts, and lunch. This day was meant to be because the sun was shining and it was about 70 degrees. We first had lunch, which was steak and egg with fries. To me, that reminded me of American meals so I was excited. The lunch was great and was followed by pie and pudding.  Jealous yet? After lunch, I laid out on the pool chairs, listening to Hannah’s iPod, and eventually fell asleep. I wasn’t the only one napping, because when I woke up I saw at least 4 other students doing the same. We haven’t had much sleep during our visit, so a lot of students caught up on their sleep. Other students had started a game of soccer so after our nap, a couple of friends and I went to watch them play soccer. Unfortunately, my lovely friend Brendan broke his whole toenail during the game L . It looked like it was traumatic, but he handled it so well that we all decided it was a sign of his inner macho-ness.

We eventually left the spa, and headed over to Verner (USM’s coordinator of the Plus3 program)’s house for a barbeque dinner. We walked into his backyard seeing Jorge watering his apple trees and starting laughing on how content Jorge was with the plants! Verner also had grape trees which a lot of people picked snacks off of.  While the food was grilling, people played pong, foosball, and other games. Some of the Chilean students were there to join us, and it felt so nice relaxing and enjoying each other’s company over a nice grill fire. For dinner, there were grilled sausages and chicken and beef kabobs with refreshing water and soda. We stayed there for a while talking, singing, and playing games salvaging every moment we could get of our soon-to-be-ending trip. 

Brice, Alana, and I at the spa

No comments:

Post a Comment