Monday, May 13, 2013

Last Day at the University and Soccer!


Today was the last day at the University and even though it's not hard to say goodbye to the cafeteria food, it is sad to be officially done with our studies at the University. I loved looking at the view from the top of the stairs, and going up meeting random Chilean students so it's sad saying goodbye to all of that. During our last lecture, all of the groups presented their presentations on the different companies we had to research. Overall everyone did well and Professor James was very pleased with our presentations, but as a knowledgeable man as himself, he had even more information about the companies and industries to give us. At the end, Professor James gave us a goodbye and good wishes for the rest of our trip.

For lunch, we went to the mall food court for a quick meal, because there was a soccer game planned for us and some of the Chilean students. Now, I wasn't planned for athletic activity on the trip so I left my tennis shoes back at home. Therefore, my position was goalie. I was in a team with Jorge, Javier, Hal, and Brittney. Another tidbit: I am not a soccer player nor have I ever been skilled in this sport. However, despite me failing at most of my attempts to block the ball, it was so much fun!!! In P.E in high school, I've always hated soccer but this game really made me want to learn. Everyone was having a good time, and a few were really talented so sometimes the games got really intense (aka my expertise was not needed).
For the remainder of the week, we have three more companies to visit, horseback riding, and a spa day. Seems like we’re going to get a lot of good relaxation…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment